Firstly, the team at DTS hope you are all safe and well during the COVID-19 pandemic. These are times that, although we are learning to adapt, are still very uncertain and no one knows what to expect.
Update on our Services
On March 23rd, the UK went into lockdown and we made the difficult decision to cancel all of our planned work for the safety of our team and our customers. We have continued to do emergency work throughout to ensure our customers were safe, warm and no damage came to their properties.
What seems like months later, we have decided that, following government advice, we are now beginning to book in all planned and non-emergency work. We have spent a lot of time discussing this with our team and we are confident we can put measures in place meaning that we can carry out all works without compromising the safety of our team or our customers, whilst still preventing the spreading of COVID-19.
Measures in Place
As mentioned above, we have put measures in place to ensure the safety of our customers and our team.
- When we arrive, we will knock or ring the doorbell and take a step back to maintain a 2m distance when you answer the door.
- We will maintain a 2m distance from you at all times and politely ask that you do the same.
- When we enter the property, we ask for a clear path to the appliance/area we are working on to minimise contact inside your home.
- We will wear a mask/face covering and gloves when inside your home.
- When we have finished the job, we will wipe down surrounding surfaces wherever possible with anti-bacterial wipes.
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 we request that you contact us to rearrange your appointment. If the appointment is urgent, we will then put further measures in place to protect ourselves, our customers and prevent the spreading of COVID-19 .
Materials & Suppliers
Over this period of uncertainty, we are trying to work as normally as we can under the circumstances. However, some manufacturers shut their factories and production down for a number of weeks and some remain closed. This has therefore led to a backlog and shortage of some materials which means that they are taking longer to get to us, delaying our customers appointments. If this situation should arise, please bear with us. We will keep you informed every step of the way!
As always, thank you for your continued support and understanding. We are extremely grateful for all the well wishes we have received.
If you need us for anything or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.